Recycle, Compost, or Reuse?

On this post I am going to be discussing the post from the blog called Eco Warrior Princess called 16 Everyday Items That You Probably Didn’t Know You Could Recycle or Compost . I decided to share this post with you all because I thought that it was extremely INTERESTING and HELPFUL. I am always trying to learn more simple ways that I can help improve the environment and I think that you will all greatly benefit from tis information.

Although, I am a huge advocate for recycling, I'm not perfect when it comes to knowing exactly what can and can't be disposed of. There are many, many things listed here that I simply had no idea. This list mentions mattresses, corks, and so much more that I had zero clue.

After reading this article I came across this IMPORTANT quote:

"We recommend reusing, repurposing and upcycling items before disposing of, discarding and recycling materials. In fact, we urge people to consume less as the initial course of action, and ditch disposables for reusables and choose plastic-free options where possible."

I know that it is common to believe that the best thing to do for the environment in this situation would be to recycle or compost, but as they mentioned it may be best to attempt in reusing the item before getting rid of it. This in turn will help the environment because we are ONLY recycling items that we can't use for another purpose. Reusing or repurposing items saves so much energy and creates a much happier planet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What if all products were eco-friendly?

Recycle vs Compost

Critique of Shailene Woodley